These instructions are for users that have sites which capture funds immediately on checkout.
- Mail Order Pick List >Refund>enter Order #
- Zero out the shipping on each line item (you cannot delete the item)
- Insert an additional line. On this line enter something like Shipping and Handling, or None as a department charge. Set shipping for that line as 1 but no cost. Booklog says that there must be something to “ship” in order for it to work.
- Next click on the truck icon and enter the shipping cost to be refunded as a negative dollar amount.
- Finally, click on Process and complete the transaction as normal using the encrypted card number from the order.
Or, in Payware/POINT -- virtual terminal
- Login to PayWare and locate the Transaction ID by going to Reports >> Transaction Search (and Filter by Date) .
- Copy the Transaction ID and go to Transaction Processing >> Web Terminal
- Choose the "Credit" radio button
- After the page refreshes, paste the ID in the proper field, and click Search
- Key in the appropriate credit in the "Trans Amount" field, and submit the transaction