To set up this method, we will need these credentials:
- FedEx Web Services API User Key (called the Authentication Key in the confirmation email they send.)
- FedEx Web Services API Password
- FedEx Account #
- FedEx Meter #
First, you will need to register at http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/
- Once you've logged in with your new account, you will need to navigate to the Develop and Test page (https://www.fedex.com/us/developer/web-services/process.html?tab=tab2)
- Click the purple button that says "Get your test key", and fill out the required information.
- Your test key, and all of the information we need to be able to generate FedEx shipping quotes, will be emailed to you after you fill out that form.
A quick note: The above steps walk through how to get "Test" credentials. When your site is closer to launch, you will need to acquire "Production" credentials. Here is how to get these http://wiki.plumrocket.com/How_to_request_FedEx_API_credentials